Church Army Africa is an Anglican Mission agency with a clear mandate of training both men and women for the evangelization of the African continent and beyond. H. E. A. L Africa (Health, Education, Advocacy, and leveraging wealth creation) is both vision and strategy through which Church Army Africa seeks to accomplish its vision and mission of transforming African societies. It has its head office in Nairobi Kenya.
Church Army Africa currently is in Seventeen countries across Africa with physical presence in eleven (11) countries. Church Army runs three major projects on the Continent located in Kenya, Uganda and Malawi. Carlile College is the main training centre of Church army Africa located on Jogoo Road Nairobi with two large Schools – Church Army School of Mission Studies and Church Army Business School. The other two projects are Bungokho Rural Development Centre in Uganda and College of Christian Ministries in Malawi (Constituent College of Lake Malawi Anglican University in Lilongwe.
Church Army Africa is recruiting for the position of General Secretary. The jobholder is responsible to strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of CAA Strategic plan.
To deliver high ministry quality and community impact. The position will be accountable for all of aspects of Church Army Africa’s work continentally and Internationally.
|Location||Nairobi Kenya in East Africa|
|Application dead line||30.06.2018|
|Job type||Fixed Contract and full times term of five years renewable once|
- MUST be a born again Christian leader with clear testimony of the saving grace of Jesus Christ and a proven record of service in the Anglican Church.
- MUST have a letter of recommendation for the Diocesan Bishop.
- MUST have a minimum of a Masters degree in Theology and Mission and a degree in Leadership/Governance and Community Development from recognized institutions.
- MUST be 40 years and above.
- MUST be a practicing Anglican leader with strong family values and passion for primary missionary work as priority, preferably a Church Army Commissioned officer or Anglican priest
- MUST have five (5) years and above experience in organizational leadership.
- MUST have financial literacy and general principals of management
- MUST be fluent in English. Any other foreign language will be an added advantage.
- SEND your current and expected salary
Purpose of the position:
- The General Secretary is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in charge of all strategic operations of CAA across Africa. His primary roles are as follows.
- He reports to the Board of Directors Church Army Africa to which he/she serves as the secretary.
- To be the principal custodian of the Vision and Mission of CAA: A community of Anglican Evangelists Positively Transforming society throughout Africa: and the Mission: Enabling the church to evangelize Africa
- To champion the vision of CAA by pioneering and establishing CAA H. E. A. L. Africa ministries across Africa.
- To encourage creation of more CAA country ministries in Africa
- To Lead the Church Army Africa Leadership Team in setting and achieving annual goals.
- The team currently comprises 90 full time staff based in Kenya Jogoo Road, 20 staff based in BRDC Uganda and 15 staff based in CCM Malawi.
- Responsible for the commissioning and mentorship of Church Army Commissioned officers. In collaboration with Bishops, responsible for identifying and placement of Commissioned Evangelists with a calling to serve as frontier missionaries in various parts of Africa.
- Represent Church Army Africa in building relationships with all partners including but not limited to: Anglican church in Africa, Anglican Communion, Sister Church Army partners in the world, Mission partners, project partners, local government, related church agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Be the primary spokesperson for Church Army Africa’s communication locally and internationally.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective resource mobilization strategy in all Financial, Human Resources and Theological aspects.
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff and stakeholders on the Vision, Mission and Values of CAA
- Promote Church Army Africa’s Vision, Mission and Values among the leadership team, staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of the Church Army Africa’s strategies and activities
- Lead the development and execution of the Church Army Africa strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets
- Represent the organization, engage and build strategic alliances with partners, churches and other ministry stakeholders
- Ensure high ministry quality and high impact by leading in a way that delivers the expected annual targets in a sustainable basis
- Recruit, motivate, equip, lead and retain capable to implement the strategic and operational plans of CAA
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the ministry programs.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Post-graduate education level in related areas including but not limited to Missionary Theology, Leadership and Community Development.
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities with clear communication skills.
- 10+ years relevant experience in organizational leadership, church ministry, programme development and/or mission-related organisations, with progressively more complex and higher level leadership roles.
- An experienced Christian leader with strong moral and demonstrable integrity in their personal and professional life, considered to role model the organization’s Christian faith and bring spiritual leadership to the team.
- A role model of accountability and integrity in both personal and professional life
- Strong developer of teams and ability to embrace leadership principles and promote staff engagement and well-being.
- Strong ability to raise the profile and visibility of Church Army Africa both locally and internationally
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders including board, senior leadership, staff, partners, donors and communities
- Significant management experience (general/operational) where there is evidence of both accountability & managerial know-how
- Fluency in English (knowledge of an additional international language will be an advantage)
- Working mission experience in the African context including an understanding of political, socioeconomic, and cultural contexts within the country
- Experience working with a Board or governance body is preferred
- Experience in driving and leading fundraising
- Cross-cultural sensitivity –able to relate with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- A strong and genuine passion for community transformation
Ability to work and travel in country of assignment as well as regionally and internationally.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and leadership experience to fulfill this vital and challenging role that will enhance vision and Mission of Church Army Africa, we invite you to apply. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your expected starting salary