Church Army Africamedical camp was held between 11th -14th June 2014 at Church Army community compound
Mainly to mark 60th Anniversary of church army Africa
1. To reach out to the neighborhood around Church Army Africa medical clinic with free health care services and education.
2. To raise awareness and assist in marketing the services offered by church Army Medical Clinic.
3. To provide linkage of Church Army medical clinic to the community and other development partners.
4. To work with patients from challenging economic backgrounds who cannot access health care services due to various economic factors.
PHOTOS ABOVE;Patients wait to be attended to at the Medical Camp
The following were the individuals/ organizations/companies which in one way or another made us succeed during the medical camp. We therefore wish to express our gratitude for your work and ask God to bless you abundantly.
|Tupange||Family Planning Commodities|
|Makadara H/C||Family Planning
|Himalaya/Europa LTD||Drug Supply|
|Lukabet Enterprise LTD||Lab reagents
|Bioscan Diadnostics LTD||Lab reagents
|CA Opticals||Eye test|
|CA Medical Clinic||Supervision
Photography &video coverage
|CAA||Facilitation of whole exercise|
|CANA H/C||Dispensing drugs/Consultation|
The following health related services were freely offered without any problem and clients were given their results, those who needed referrals were advised to do so:
- Ca of cervix Screening
- Ca prostrate screening
- Family Planning
- Optical Check ups
- ENT Checkups
- Medical Consultation
- Diabetes Screening(RBS)
PHOTO CAPTION: Tents used for Family Planning Services and HIV Testing & Counselling in the Medical Camp
- FROM SERVICE PROVIDERS
- All services which were offered during the camp to be available in the clinic daily.
- Maintain working relation with the CHWS at small fee to promote marketing.
- Create space for CHWS within the facility.
- To offer free HIV Test and counseling.
- Well maintained and organized clinic.
- Visitors’ friendly environment at CAA.
2. FROM CLIENTS
- Identified specific location of the clinic.
- Many get information about own health and how to maintain it.
- All services offered during the camp to continue daily.
IMPACT ON THE CLINIC
- Expect to improve daily revenue collection.
- Improved/promote linkage to other NGOs-VMM ,VCT Centres to be located at Church Army Clinic.
- Straining to get funds for medical camp facilitation.
- Effective monitoring/supervision was time consuming.
- Many contacted partners did not respond positively leading to lat minute rush.
- Break in proper communication lead to delay in some activities.
- Due to understanding the clinician had to strain to make everything possible for successful medical camp.