Cathedral caravan mission is another way of reaching out to the communities with the gospel of our Lord Jesus, started by the Cathedral particularly to reach out to the un- reached people in different communities covering areas of Kame market in Mukono Municipality, Mukono taxi park, Nabuti and Talent’s college bodaboda stages, Wandegeya and Bugujju trading centres with an aim of reaching out to the different groups of people which included Boda-boda riders, taxi drivers, Market vendors and police men among others. This mission was organized by the cathedralunder the theme “God Knows You By Name (Isaiah 43:1 and 2)”
We had a team of 30 people;- the organists, worship team, intercessors,open air preachers, door to door evangelists and teachers.
The team was led by Rev.Capt. Wilson Konde together with the mission coordinator Mr. Wandera, Members from Charity Worship team, Bethesda Ministries, Cathedral youth members and members from Namirembe Diocese.
Briefing Of The Team
We had break first at 8:30am – 9:00am. Rev. Ssengendo the vicar prayed and flagged off the team on behalf of the provost.
Soon as we started our journey, preaching kicked off as the truck moved through the below mentioned areas:
Open Air Preaching
When we reached Mukono tax park members went to different people sharing with them on an individual basis about the love of God who knows them by their names. The team continued to Kame Valley Market, at this place we had two open air meetings in different stations of the market as the rest of the members were reaching out to the different people in the market.
Ministry In The Kame Valley Market Mukono
From this point we went to Nabuti and talent’s college boda-boda stages sharing the good news with the people through open air and one on one sharing of the gospel.
At 3:00 pm we set off for our last journeys to Wandegeya and Buguju Boda-boda stages respectively.
- We learnt that some eople still trust the Anglican Church. This was evident in the way people reacted toward the message after realizing that we were from the Anglican Cathedral. “One noted man commented, these are Anglicans, not Pentecostals…..” Evidenced by the way I was putting on a collar.
- We also learnt that people are thirsty for the word of God. This was seen from the discussions we had with them. For example, after preaching at Bugujju boda-boda stage, people were so happy and they blessed us with a box of mineral water.
- People lack proper discipleship.
Special acknowledgment to the following people
- Off Tu Mission
- Bethesda ministries – Can.Capt. Titus Baraka
- Cathedral staff
- Cathedral youth ministry.
- We hope to train more to help the cathedral discipleship team in handling the converted
- We are organizing to have training of the people who would like to join Caravan ministry
- Follow up for the new convert is in progress
- Lobby for more financial support.
We thank God for using us for his glory!
Mission is at God’s heart and for that reason we believe that“the mark of the great church is not her sitting capacity but her sending capacity.”RICK WARREN