Key roles of the General Secretary:
- He/she is the visionary leader and strategic CEO of Church Army Africa. (Upholds, guards, and promotes the work of Evangelism and missionary work through Church Army to the wider Anglican Communion in Africa)
- He/she is the embodiment of Church Army strategic Vision and Mission: H. E. A. L. Africa
- He/she ensures systematic implementation of CAA Strategic plan through CAA programs.
- He/she is the Commissioning officer of the Society
- Responsible for networking and communicating the vision of CAA both regionally and internationally
- He/she is the spoke-person for Church Army Africa
- He/she liaises with Archbishops and Bishops on matters relating to CAA and more specifically Commissioned CAA officers.
- Provides consultancy to the Church, in the following areas: Emerging issues in the Missionary fraternity, Leadership development and specifically Evangelism and Discipleship.
- He/she is the chief returning officer of CAA especially on the auditing process and ensuring proper filling of returns to the government.
- He/she have ability to manage funds and keep the finance office accountable
- And works hand in hand with Finance and Administration Committee to keep the Board appraised on the Financial status of CAA
- He/she updates the Chairman of the Board of Directors on monthly basis the progress of Strategic implementation plan
CAA Report June 15th 2020 (Click to Download)